I haven't tried the JS side - this is all Flash. In SVG, the fill takes
care of closing the path; I'm not using any line or border.

Which brings me to the next issue. When drawing a series of connected
lines (for the LineChart), the first and last points are getting
connected, which I do not want. My loop to build the path looks like this,
below. point[0] != point[last] so they should not be connected. I tried
"z" and "Z" thinking one meant leave the path closed and one closed the
path, but that didn't make any difference.

                                var pathString:String = "";

                                for (var i:int=0; i < points.length; i++) {
                                    var point:Object = points[i];
                                        if (i == 0) pathString += "M
"+point.x+" "+point.y+" ";
                                        else pathString += "L "+point.x+"