On 12/13/14, 1:45 PM, "Gordon Smith" <gsmit...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> I get the following error on a clean copy of the SDK, when I do an
>> 'ant release' ... But as soon as I did an 'ant' on 'flex-blazeds' and
>> then tried again, the problem went away ...
>> [javac]
>>/Users/erik/Documents/ApacheFlex/git/flexblazeds/modules/common/src/flex/
>>messaging/config/ApacheXPathClientConfigurationParser.java:19:
>> error: package org.apache.xpath does not exist
>
>I had the same problem.
>
>I don't think it should be a requirement to manually build flex-blazeds
>before building flex-sdk. If the SDK needs something in BlazeDS, BlazeDS
>should have an ant target that automatically builds that thing without
>error, and the ant script for flex-sdk should call that target. The
>README should explain that you must have source for both repos and that
>you have asset BLAZEDS_HOME to point to flex-blazeds in addition to
>setting FLEX_HOME to point to flex-sdk. (Bummer that this isn't called
>SDK_HOME, or that both aren't FLEX_SDK_HOME and FLEX_BLAZEDS_HOME.)
>
>The way that the build.xml for flex-sdk finds the flex-blazeds repo looks
>inconsistent. I see references to ${BLAZEDS_HOME}, but I don't have this
>set and the script didn't seem to complain. I also see references to
>${FLEX_HOME}/../flex-blazeds and to ${FLEX_HOME}/../blazeds. All
>references should go through BLAZEDS_HOME and an early check should fail
>if this isn't set.

We can make changes, but IMO, flex-falcon relies on flex-sdk being built
first, so I thought that was fair precedence.  For both the BlazeDS and
TLF dependencies, the flex-sdk script checks to see if you have the repos
in a few expected places so you don’t have to set up environment
variables.  We’ve been doing this for TLF for some time now.

>Is the dependency on BlazeDS something that got added recently? What does
>the SDK need from BlazeDS?

Yes, the BlazeDS dependency was added a few days ago.  Before then, the
SDK downloaded flex-messaging-common.jar from Adobe BlazeDS.  We have now
reduced our Adobe proprietary dependencies to just the optional fontswf
jars.  OSMF is under MPL, and AIR and Flash are considered build tools.
The flex-messaging-common.jar is only needed when specifying a
services-config in the MXMLC command line.  No idea if this is supported
in Falcon.  FlexJS currently doesn’t leverage it.