I just tried it out with v3.2 installer by changing the only place that
actually calls an https other than one call to goog closure for FlexJS and I
didn't get any errors during the install.

I did see in the log file and Charles a couple other https urls.
>From the log
        Downloading 2.2.zip from:
https://github.com/swfobject/swfobject/archive
>From Charles
        https://github.com:443
        https://codeload.github.com:443
        https://fonts.googleapis.com:443
        https://fonts.gstatic.com:443

The quick fix is to change line 50 in 'MD5CompareUtil.as' from
public static const MD5_DOMAIN:String = "https://www.apache.org/dist/";;
public static const MD5_DOMAIN:String = "http://www.apache.org/dist/";;

This is definitely the easiest fix to apply if no one else has any problems
with installing.
Maybe the people that were having issues before could give that a try and
let us know if that does indeed fix the issue.

Neil