On 2/5/2015 4:53 PM, Tom Chiverton wrote:
If people's Windows settings are incompatible with modern web sites

people as in "people who don't normally use IE". chrome reaches the config file site just fine (ditto for firefox). as justin pointed out most developers aren't big fans of IE, so this probably isn't that rare a case.

(against Microsoft advice) then they will encounter more and more
problems with time.

not if they don't use IE.

I still think we should just document it, and suggest checking the
settings when we get failures on Windows, and as a plan B look at the

just documenting this would be a fine solution as well.