Well I got a hold of Roland and summarized, 90% of this is dead easy and
the 10% killed the project.

He also stated that back when Randori was being developed, someone tried
making a parser/renderer for TS to AS an eventually they had to abandon it
because not all TS converts to AS correctly.

I definitely don't have time to have that happen to me. So from that
conversation, I guess, if someone wants to tackle it they can but it
doesn't make me feel good.

Without a solid answer to get this stuff to AS, it's just a waste of time
in the end, I know from personal experience with Randori and I am getting
that same feeling right now.

Mike

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 6:36 AM, Michael Schmalle <teotigraphix...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Heh, if we can write the tool then most of our problems are taken care of
> because Microsoft has so graciously(no need for IDL I would imagine)
> provided the DOM d.ts file with the Apache 2 license.
>
> Mike
>
> On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 6:34 AM, Michael Schmalle <
> teotigraphix...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ok, I completely take back what I said about TS and it's parser. I have
>> investigated and custom linters and other things can be made.
>>
>> So #4 is doable but the tool has to be written in TypeScript.
>>
>> See; https://github.com/Microsoft/TypeScript/wiki/Using-the-Compiler-API
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 6:20 AM, Michael Schmalle <
>> teotigraphix...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> using
>>>
>>> Do you have an idea of how the input vs. output would look like?  Are you
>>> planning on creating a d.as file which has all the class and function
>>> definitions?
>>>
>>> Perhaps we can start with hand coding a simple example?  I can help with
>>> that.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Om
>>>
>>> Well I know what we had in Randori and what Roland created for SWCs,
>>> that is what I am using in my prototype but, we need a spec so as to not
>>> waste time.
>>>
>>> This really needs to be thought about and documented first. If we have
>>> what a class/interface(native defs or whatever) will look like, any
>>> metadata used and how I write plugins to the emitter to generate from those
>>> definitions.
>>>
>>> So my proposal is;
>>>
>>> 1. Write a simple spec for the d.as definition file/s.
>>> 2. Create simple test files that utilize every aspect of our spec.