On 6/10/15, 8:36 AM, "Frédéric THOMAS" <webdoubl...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Volunteers are welcome to try to fix it. Or implement a whole new
>> incremental compile strategy. I think I’ve noticed that Java compiler
>> writes out an .class file and uses file dates to determine whether to
>> compile again and seems to do that very quickly. I’ve pondered whether
>> Falcon would get similar gains if we wrote out .abc files.
>
>So, it seems the compiler maintains a kind of session between the
>compilation, how ?

IIRC, the compiler would checksum public APIs and write it to a temporary
file.  The strategy of only re-compiling files affected by public APIs
changed in other files is interesting, but seemed to be buggy.

>So, why to generate the .abc and compare its modify date while we can do
>that with the source file ?

We would compare source file date against .abc file date and then use the
abc as if it were from a swc and not compile the source file.