Great!  Basically, there is a js-compile-config.xml that EXTERNC is told
to use to generate a bunch of AS files from the .js files listed in
js-compile-config.xml.  Then COMPC runs and uses compile-config.xml to
generate the SWC.  If I were working on it, I would rename
closure-compiler folder to js-externs and create a similar jquery-externs
folder with its own copies of the -config.xml files and the jquery.js
externs file in it.  I think that the jquery compile-config.xml will need
to list js.swc in the external-library-path.