Inside JetBrains nothing has changed and nothing is going to change.
I'd say that open-sourcing was inspired by the members of the Apache Flex Community who fought against IntelliJ IDEA as a black box trying to make it work with Flex JS and Flexmojos 7. Here's the last comment that triggered the decision: [1].

idea ultimate plugins not open sourced could make the flex part obsolete
Not sure how you could read my statement this way :). I only explained that open-sourcing in this case doesn't mean that Flex support will work in IntelliJ IDEA Community. Inside JetBrains Flex support remains in the main repository and, as I said, nothing changes at all.

Alex

[1] https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-140467#comment=27-1049002