On 9/18/15, 9:42 AM, "Frédéric THOMAS" <webdoubl...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> IMO, the externs swcs are also for developers wanting to build “native”
>>JS
>> applications without the FlexJS components, so any GCL.swc needs to
>> support some developer using GCL and native JS.  So the two swcs need to
>> be compatible with each other.   We could just hack up a GCL just to get
>> the FlexJS JS to be written in AS but I feel like spending a day or two
>> trying to see if there is a way we can be more general about it.
>
>Well, it would be nice if the EXTERNC could compile it all to .as but
>IIRC, it was far to be able to do it, the reason why I didn't consider it
>as another extern but only as a stub with the only purpose I described
>before.
>Now, if you can compile it entirely to .as, what you're saying would make
>more sense to me indeed but for now, only a part of the Event API has
>been included and for a big part, it was by hand.

Yeah, I’m just looking ahead and am in the mood to play in the compiler
code.  I figure some day we’ll have a true GCL swc, either by making
EXTERNC more tolerant, or because a d.ts file for GCL will be converted to
externs.

I’m also expecting that some day as we go further into this port from JS
back to AS, that we’ll hit some code or write some code where we need both
GCL.swc and JS.swc and I would expect collisions between Event and
EventTarget in such a case, even with the stubbed GCL.swc we currently
have, so I’m exploring ways to deal with that.