On 11/7/15, 3:28 PM, "Justin Mclean" <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I’m still seeing similar issues with the LICENSE/NOTICE files in the
>Falcon JX nightly.
>
>The binary included these jars:
>./compiler/generated/dist/sdk/ant/lib/falcon-flexTasks.jar
>./compiler/generated/dist/sdk/lib/compc.jar
>./compiler/generated/dist/sdk/lib/compiler.jar
>./compiler/generated/dist/sdk/lib/falcon-asc.jar
>./compiler/generated/dist/sdk/lib/falcon-compc.jar
>./compiler/generated/dist/sdk/lib/falcon-flexTasks.jar
>./compiler/generated/dist/sdk/lib/falcon-mxmlc.jar
>./compiler/generated/dist/sdk/lib/falcon-optimizer.jar
>./compiler/generated/dist/sdk/lib/falcon-swfdump.jar
>./compiler/generated/dist/sdk/lib/fdb.jar
>./compiler/generated/dist/sdk/lib/flex-compiler-oem.jar
>./compiler/generated/dist/sdk/lib/swfutils.jar
>./js/lib/compc.jar
>./js/lib/externc.jar
>./js/lib/jsc.jar
>./js/lib/mxmlc.jar
>
>And looking in them I see these compiled source code with the paths:
>com/google/javascript

There should only be two classes in there written by Flex committers to
customize warnings in the Google Closure Compiler.

>flash/localization
>flash/swf
>flash/tools
>flash/util
>flex/tools/
>flex2/compiler
>flex2/tools
>macromedia/asc

These are all licensed to the ASF by Adobe.

>But nothing corresponding to them in LICENSE or NOTICE.

I thought about mentioning them in LICENSE in order to ward off confusion
as you experienced.  But no instructions indicate that I should.  Thoughts?

>Also (and not sure if this is an issue or not) if I try to run some of
>the jars I get errors like so:
>
>java -jar ./compiler/generated/dist/sdk/lib/compc.jar
>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>org/apache/flex/tools/FlexTool
>
>java -jar ./js/lib/compc.jar
>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>org/apache/flex/tools/FlexTool

Our binary packages to not bundle every dependency, so yes this is
expected.

>Should this file have a header?
>./apache-flex-falconjx-0.5.0-bin/externs/js/externs/svg.js

It is generated.  First couple lines are:

/**
 * @fileoverview Generated by closureidl 0.2dev closureidl-parser-webkit
0.2dev dart-idl 7592.

Thanks for examining the package.