Ah, I see what's happening.  If I change the SDK by selecting 'Use a
specific SDK', it warns me about overwriting the html-template files.  But,
if I keep the 'Use default SDK' but change the default SDK in the
'Configurie Flex SDK's screen, then there is no such warnings.  The new
default SDK is immediately applied to all the projects in my workspace.
Everything else is intact.

Thanks,
Om