HAHA I made a typo, where I wrote "now" I meant "not". :)

> >So generateMXMLAttributes() is setting instance properties on StarlingApp?
>
> All it does is hand in the properties, styles and events on the top-level
> tag.  What the implementation does is up to the framework.

Ok, I am not sounding eloquent today, I guess that is what I meant, it
passes properties that must be set on the instance by the implementing
framework.

> >What does -mxml-children-as-data actually do? Does it output something?
>
> It tells the compiler to generate these data structures and API calls
> instead of generating the Flex SDK code that MXMLC does.

Ok, so the MXML compiler "does" have ties to the Flex SDK API but not
directly in the directives correct? I know, I know I should just look at
the code again. :)

Mike