Yeah when I was speaking about a backend I didn't mean as verbose as the js
backends. I just meant when compiling for say Feathers, why have code even
close to anything Flex SDK. There is a line between MXML AST and Flex
styles, effects, design layer... ehe...

The problem as you have stated is there are multiple threads running and I
can't just go in a rip stuff apart. I don't see why the if blocks of the
children as data can't be separated. To me that would make things much more
clear for future dev.

Now I remember how this all works, the BURM is calling the directives which
then are calling their builders. The BURM is actually traversing the AST of
AS3.

I can't remember without looking but what is parsing the MXML? Is that
JFlex?

Mike