On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 6:38 PM, Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Everything can be simpler, last year I went through the main javascript
> > emitter and broke every thing out into sub emitters, MethodEmitter etc.
>
> Interesting you should say that. I noticed  that in the heat maps I
> produced (of the Flex Falcon repo) that MXMLFlexJSEmitter.java and
> JSFlexJSEmitter.java are the hottest things in the map.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

Justin, that is the problem, I never finished my refactor. I can probably
say that other than Alex, I am about the only person that could feel
confident going in that code and breaking things apart in 3 days and have
every thing still working.

You just proved my point.

There is probably a post where I told Alex I was going to do the same thing
to the MXML emitter that I did to the js emitter.

I don't think I got into the JSFlexJSEmitter because that was Alex's area
at the time.

If we can get Starling working to HTML5 target, I can justify spending a
lot fo time fixing and refactoring the compiler for sure.

Mike