On 9/1/16, 4:48 PM, "Clint M" <cmod...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Because my workaround worked… I'm guessing the config file (
>http://flex.apache.org/installer/sdk-installer-config-4.0.xml) should be
>updated from:
>https://flex.apache.org/single-mirror-url--xml.cgi
>to:
>https://flex.apache.org/single-mirror-url.cgi
>
>It seems like the installer isn't actually expecting an xml response and
>plain text just works.
>
>I think most browsers and AIR for the flex sdk installer are respecting
>the
>content type that's set to xml but the actual response is just plain text
>with no xml content.

In November 2015, single-mirror-url.cgi started returning plain text with
an extra line-feed that broke the installer.  It had been working for
years before that.  Apache Infrastructure had no clue how that could
happen and basically said they were too busy to investigate.  So I
fashioned a workaround using the --xml.cgi file which worked until today,
then stopped working, and may have started working again.  Maybe it does
have to do with my not getting the content type correct, but if it working
again, I'm not going to investigate further either.