There really is a need for some better basic documentation. Not even
advanced level stuff. We already have some of that, actually. Most users
aren't going to start developing custom components and contributing right
away, though. They're going to want some more hand holding.

Let's say that I went to this section about FlexJS on the wiki:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/FlexJS

I'm looking for a list of available components, and hopefully, each
component has a page with the simplest example possible of how to use it. I
just clicked around on a few sub-pages, and I couldn't find anything like
that. Does it exist? I don't know, but after a couple of minutes of
looking, a potential new user just gave up because FlexJS looks too hard to
learn.

I also went to the main website to look for the API reference (asdocs) for
FlexJS:

http://flex.apache.org/

There's nothing under the documentation menu. I only found Flex and
FlexUnit asdocs. Based on their URLs, I took a random guess that this might
work, but no luck: http://flex.apache.org/flexjs/asdoc/

That's about as much as the average potential new users is going to try
before giving up. They're probably not even going to install FlexJS and
look at the included examples. There wasn't enough information on the
website to make them want to bother.

I guarantee you, if the wiki lists all of the components with ridiculously
simple examples, and if we post some FlexJS asdocs under the documentation
menu on the main site, that's going to make a huge difference.

- Josh