Hi Guys

First of all it's great to see and read that people are reading what we are
writing ;-)

Lowering the effort to start contributing has consumed most of the last year
for me. I think we are now in a pretty good state with FlexJS

All I have been doing for the last few weeks was setting the path to make
contributing documentation easier. This has also been one of my greatest
itches. That's why I started tackling that problem. Now I think we are in a
state where we need to decide if we continue down that path, but stuff like
this should not be decided only by the handful of people currently actively
working on the project alone.

The number of things we could need is big and everyone who's currently
contributing is working on "his greatest itches", because naturally he wants
those things done and therefore the motivation to solve them is biggest. But as
the number of people working on FlexJS is very limited, so is the speed of our
progress. So if you are waiting for a feature that we are not working on, how
about starting to work on it yourself. We will be happy to help you in your
efforts. Just as an example. I have absolutely no idea how the compiler works
internally, even if I'm working a lot on it, so you don't have to understand
the whole thing in order to start contributing :-)

Please come forward and tell us how we can improve that would help you guys to
start contributing again. And even communication on this list is a valuable
form of contribution. Especially "I agree", "I disagree" messages would give an
impression of interest, consent and community, which is definitely highly
motivating from my point of view.

I personally have gotten from this thread that one of the biggest itches of you
guys seem to be having is the lack of documentation and I will try to put my
efforts into this, as now providing the infrastructure for this is finished or
at least has reached a big milestone from my point of view.

Eventually it would be good for us to Define features we all would like to see
in Jira and prioritize them in a way that we can draw the 1.0.0 line. It
definitely won't be the order in which they are handled and we definitely won't
have a fixed release-date, but it would make progress more visible and it could
motivate people to get their hands dirty and start working on one of those
issues. The more people help, the sooner we will reach the 1.0.0

What do you think? (yes even Alex ... I guess you can come out now ;-)

Chris