I managed to debug the Installer app.

First, is this the error you are seeing?

Error: Error #3003: File or directory does not exist.

at flash.filesystem::File/moveTo()

at
org.apache.flex.ant.tags::Move/doMove()[/Users/omuppirala/apacheflex/flex-utilities/flex-installer/ant_on_air/src/org/apache/flex/ant/tags/Move.as:233]

at
org.apache.flex.ant::Ant/doCallback()[/Users/omuppirala/apacheflex/flex-utilities/flex-installer/ant_on_air/src/org/apache/flex/ant/Ant.as:137]

at
InstallApacheFlex/enterFrameHandler()[/Users/omuppirala/apacheflex/flex-utilities/flex-installer/installer/src/InstallApacheFlex.mxml:2056]

This seems to be an issue with the Move tag and not the condition tag.

It appears that the Move went through fine but is trying to move it again.

Second, this installer.xml works flawlessly in ant.  Makes me think that
the issue is in the ant_on_air code.  What do you think?

Thanks,
Om