On 1/6/17, 11:52 AM, "omup...@gmail.com on behalf of OmPrakash Muppirala"
<omup...@gmail.com on behalf of bigosma...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have been looking at FastDOM [1] which batches DOM manipulations so we
>don't have 'layout thrashing' [2]
>
>When I get some time, I will try to do some benchmarks and see if we can
>identify hotspots and route them through FastDOM calls.

I didn't know about FastDOM.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
That's cool to find out the browser has its own invalidation mechanism.  I
thought it was much more immediate, but maybe that's the debugger forcing
the update.

There are other ways to optimize besides just introducing a whole queuing
mechanism like FastDOM, such as making sure the lifecycle has considered
how the browser works.  So for the Basic set, I would prefer that we look
into making sure we have the right patterns before we add the overhead of
queued callbacks.  It makes the code trickier to debug.

My 2 cents,