Please try clearing your browser caches.  I've seen that help on occasion.
 Also check your log and see if it is choosing a mirror that is reasonably
close to you.  If it picks a bad mirror the odds of a bad download is
higher.

You can try downloading the binary artifact [1], expanding it and using
Apache Ant to run the install script.

[1] http://flex.apache.org/download-binaries.html

HTH,
-Alex