I'm looking at the Tour right now. When you use the Flexbox layouts, you
need to specify flex-grow:1 for anything you want to grow to fill the
remaining space; otherwise it uses its native or explicit size. You could
try to switch over to the normal horizontal and vertical layouts and see
if they work better. I'm trying to see if I can just add some styling
changes to get it to work. There is something that's tossing in
position:absolute which doesn't work well with the Flexbox layouts. I'm
not sure how much time I can spend on it today, but I'll keep plugging for
as long as I can.

The examples have each exposed some new caveats. But I'm confident the
core changes are close to right, just may need more tuning in the layouts.

‹peter