Hi Alex,

You convinced me more to do not touch "id", and if we won't touch it and
introduce "localId" not translatable to HTML we will achieve those what we
want. However in order to resolve problems with third party library "id"
still need to be generated somehow if we setup "localId". That's my
understanding.
If it hard to teach compiler how to detect whether id is duplicated - that's
fine, for me it is optionable.

In my opinion it should be first thing to do right after release. Definitely
on some feature branch.

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC