Actually, I was just trying to eliminate an exception so we can ship a
release.

I agree that there could be a even smaller bead that doesn't track changes
as you move the thumb.  Something to do in the next release, IMO.

But I also saw that I hadn't quite implemented the change correctly, so
I've just pushed a better version.