I personally do not see a need for a new name.

To me it’s more about branding the name. If FlexJS has its own identity and
Flash is barely mentioned I don’t think it’s dragging along the Flash
associations. For those familiar with Flex and wanting to migrate to JS, the
FlexJS name is a positive thing.

Harbs