> For migration : As a customer, I don't think migration is a real option.

I can’t say I agree with that. The business logic is almost seamlessly ported.
The UI is more involved but still pretty similar.

Also, most examples one sees these days are using the Basic component set. I
can envision a component set that will be targeted at migration that will make
it pretty easy to do, and certainly easier than rewriting in JS/HTML.

I have to say that I don’t see Flex as a liability, but rather Flash. When you
see these guys acting awkward when you mention Flex it’s probably because
they’re thinking of Flash. But I haven’t done any market research so it’s
basically speculation.