On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 11:13 PM, Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In principle, I agree with Om.
>
> The only reason I can think of to use JIRA is if there’s some reason to
> track issues not related to a specific repo. JIRA would give us a place to
> log those kinds of issues.
>
> Is there anything like that that folks can think of? Is there some way to
> use Github Issues for “general” issues if they exist?

Good point.  I haven't seen us create too many JIRAs for non-technical
bugs.
During release times, we create tickets to serve as a checklist.  I believe
we can do checklists using Markdown
For example: https://gist.github.com/pydanny/940641f591198c78b8a4

I've seen projects like Node.js use Github Issues to discuss and track
community issues, for example:
https://github.com/nodejs/help
In this case, they simply created a project called 'help' which is nothing
but a repo for holding Issues.

Thanks,
Om