I'm against using the current master for 0.9.1.
It contains too many changes, posing the risk of changing APIs/semantics/...
I agree with Max that there was no consensus or discussion regarding the
scope of the 0.10 release.

How about we release a 0.9.1 version containing all fixes we can easily
apply to the release-0.9 branch and a 0.10-milestone1 off our current
"master".

Ideally we release 0.10-milestone1 before merging new major changes such as
master high availablilty.