Hi!

This is a very big change, both on the semantics, the runtime classes.
These changes are tricky to get in, and usually work best if you document
the changes and all implications well.

Something like a deep design doc, or a FLIP would be great for this.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Flink+Improvement+Proposals

Greetings,
Stephan