Hi Flink Dev,

I’m new to Flink and have a few questions below:

1. I’m trying to understand Flink runtime on the server side, and couldn’t
figure out where the code which execute the window function sum below. I wanted
to put a break point but got lost in the code base. Could someone shed a light
?
val counts = text.flatMap { _.toLowerCase.split("\\W+") filter { _.nonEmpty } }
  .map { (_, 1) }
  .keyBy(0)
  .window(ProcessingTimeSessionWindows.withGap(Time.seconds(5)))
  .sum(1)
2. How is the Scala jar file get executed on the server side ? Is there
internal documentation explaining the process ?

3. I’m planning to use ContinuousProcessingTimeTrigger on a session window. Is
there possibility in the window function to figure out if the window is about
to be retired ? For instance, for the recurring trigger I’m planning to do some
processing. When the window is about to be retired, I’d like to do a different
processing (ie. Computing final value and flush). Any suggestion ?

—
Fritz