Hi,depending on which version of Flink you're using the answer changes. If
you use Flink 1.1 AggregatingProcessingTimeWindowOperator should be
responsible for executing that. In Flink 1.2 it should be WindowOperator.

For a quick overview of how scheduling works in Flink you could look at
this:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.2/internals/job_scheduling.html.
I'm not aware of documentation on the shipping of Jar files but it roughly
works like this: the job is submitted with the jar file. The JobManager
puts the Jar file into the Blob Manager (which runs on the JobManager).
When parts of the job get scheduled on TaskManagers they retrieve the
required Jar File from the Blob Manager on the JobManager. Internally,
there is a custom ClassLoader that loads code from the user submitted jar
that was retrieved.

Does does help somewhat?

What's the reason for using ContinuousProcessingTimeTrigger? In general I
think almost always it is not right for a use case.

Cheers,
Aljoscha