Okay, let's just aim for around the end of next week, but we can take more time to discuss if there's still a lot of ongoing activity. Keep the topic hot!

Thanks all for the enthusiasm :)

On 2017-02-23 16:17, Stavros Kontopoulos wrote:
@Gabor 3rd March is ok for me. But maybe giving a bit more time to it like
a week may suit more people.
What do you think all?
I will contribute to the doc.

+100 for having a co-ordinator + commiter.

Thank you all for joining the discussion.

Cheers,
Stavros

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 4:48 PM, Gábor Hermann <m...@gaborhermann.com>
wrote:

Okay, I've created a skeleton of the design doc for choosing a direction:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1afQbvZBTV15qF3vobVWUjxQc
49h3Ud06MIRhahtJ6dw/edit?usp=sharing

Much of the pros/cons have already been discussed here, so I'll try to put
there all the arguments mentioned in this thread. Feel free to put there
more :)

@Stavros: I agree we should take action fast. What about collecting our
thoughts in the doc by around Tuesday next week (28. February)? Then decide
on the direction and design a roadmap by around Friday (3. March)? Is that
feasible, or should it take more time?

I think it will be necessary to have a shepherd, or even better a
committer, to be involved in at least reviewing and accepting the roadmap.
It would be best, if a committer coordinated all this.
@Theodore: Would you like to do the coordination?

Regarding the use-cases: I've seen some abstracts of talks at SF Flink
Forward [1] that seem promising. There are companies already using Flink
for ML [2,3,4,5].

[1] http://sf.flink-forward.org/program/sessions/
[2] http://sf.flink-forward.org/kb_sessions/experiences-with-str
eaming-vs-micro-batch-for-online-learning/
[3] http://sf.flink-forward.org/kb_sessions/introducing-flink-tensorflow/
[4] http://sf.flink-forward.org/kb_sessions/non-flink-machine-le
arning-on-flink/
[5] http://sf.flink-forward.org/kb_sessions/streaming-deep-learn