I might have found a blocking issue [1]. The problem is that a
StateDescriptor cannot be shared by multiple subtasks because they don't
duplicate their serializer. As a consequence, things break if you have a
stateful serializer. The problem exists since 1.0. However, given that this
issue is really hard to debug for the user and one can easily fall into
this trap, I would like to fix it for the release.

Till