Here it is (sorry about that):

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/internals/stream_checkpointing.html

On 26 July 2017 at 4:15:54 PM, ziv (ziv.m...@elbitsystems.com) wrote:

Hi, what is the reference you wanted to link in [1]?

[mailto:ml+s1008284n18936...@n3.nabble.com]
Sent: 26 July 2017 05:44
To: Meri Ziv
Subject: Re: is flink' states functionality futile?

<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/dev/stream/state.html>

it's a program that sinks messages only after enough items accumulated in
the buffe
Yes, that’s another important aspect of how Flink’s checkpointing is used to
achieve at-least-once / exactly-once delivery to external systems.

For more details on how this works, I recommend taking at the docs here [1].

Now, assume I'm not bothered of recovering failures and only want the
simplest way to implement a program that remembers data from the last run in
the stream

By “the last run in the stream”, you mean the history of the stream so far,
correct?
If that’s the case, and you don’t care about losing state on failures and don’t
care about at-least-once / exactly-once, then yes you don’t have to use the
managed state APIs in Flink.
You can just have ordinary fields to achieve this since Flink’s streaming
operators are basically long-running processes that continuously process events
in the stream and manipulates its state.

Cheers,
Gordon

On 23 July 2017 at 10:28:37 PM, ziv ([hidden