Actually, GitHub has a feature so you do not require picture-perfect
commits:
https://help.github.com/articles/allowing-changes-to-a-pull-request-branch-created-from-a-fork/

If the owner of the PR checks the box, it will give committers write access
to their branch (on their fork). A nice bonus is you can make the changes
and then continue the review, too.

Kenn