Hi,

Thanks Chesnay for preparing the RC1 for Flink 1.6.2.

I checked a few things, but there seem to be some issues with the release
candidate.

* no dependencies added or changed since Flink 1.6.1
* building the source distribution without tests succeeds, however, a
second build fails due to generated files without approved license header
* building the source distribution with tests failed (see exception below).
Can anybody verify the failure?

-1 for releasing RC1.

We should add the generated files to the rat exclusion list and validate
that Flink can be build with tests from the source distribution.

Best, Fabian

---

ERROR StatusLogger Unable to create class
org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.elasticsearch5.shaded.org.apache.logging.slf4j.SLF4JLoggerContextFactory
specified in
file:/home/fhueske/Downloads/flink-1.6.2/flink-connectors/flink-connector-elasticsearch5/target/classes/META-INF/log4j-provider.properties
 java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.elasticsearch5.shaded.org.apache.logging.slf4j.SLF4JLoggerContextFactory
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:349)
    at
org.apache.logging.log4j.spi.Provider.loadLoggerContextFactory(Provider.java:96)
    at org.apache.logging.log4j.LogManager.<clinit>(LogManager.java:91)
    at
org.elasticsearch.common.logging.ESLoggerFactory.getLogger(ESLoggerFactory.java:49)
    at org.elasticsearch.common.logging.Loggers.getLogger(Loggers.java:105)
    at org.elasticsearch.node.Node.<init>(Node.java:237)
    at
org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.elasticsearch.EmbeddedElasticsearchNodeEnvironmentImpl$PluginNode.<init>(EmbeddedElasticsearchNodeEnvironmentImpl.java:78)
    at
org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.elasticsearch.EmbeddedElasticsearchNodeEnvironmentImpl.start(EmbeddedElasticsearchNodeEnvironmentImpl.java:54)
    at
org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.elasticsearch.ElasticsearchSinkTestBase.prepare(ElasticsearchSinkTestBase.java:72)