I guess this message from 2016 is very related of what I am looking for (
http://apache-flink-user-mailing-list-archive.2336050.n4.nabble.com/Flink-Execution-Plan-td4290.html).
I am posting here for future references.

I am going to implement a toy example to visualize this. Do you guys see
this description as actual of latest Flink source code?
*--*
*-- Felipe Gutierrez*

*-- skype: felipe.o.gutierrez*
*--* *https://felipeogutierrez.blogspot.com