Hi all,

Here are a bunch of my thoughts:

8). support row/map/array data type
That's fine with me if we want to support them in the MVP. In my mind, we
can have the field type syntax like this:

```
filedType ::=
            {
                simpleType
             | MAP<simpleType, fieldType>
             | ARRAY<fieldType>
             | ROW<columnDefinition [, columnDefinition]*>
            }
```

I have included this in @Shuyi's summary doc [1] . Please leave feedbacks
there!

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ug1-aVBSCxZQk58kR-yaK2ETCgL3zg0eDUVGCnW2V9E/edit

3) SOURCE / SINK / BOTH
@Timo, CREATE TABLE statement is registering a virtual table in the session
or catalog. I don't think it is immutable, as we might also want to support
CREATE INDEX statements in the future. On the other hand, ACL is not a part
of the table definition, it should belong to the permission system which is
usually stored in somewhere else. So GRANT/INVOKE sounds like a more
standard option.

7) Table Update Mode
I agree with @Shuyi that table update mode can be left out from the MVP.
Because IMO, the update mode will not break the current MVP design. It
should be something to add, like the CHANGE_FLAG you proposed. We can
continue this discussion when we finalize the MVP.

Meanwhile, the update mode is a big topic which may involve several weeks
to discuss. For example, (a) do we support CHANGE_FLAG when the table
supports upsert (or when the table defined a primary key)?  (b) the
CHANGE_FLAG should support write and read both. (c) currently, we only
support true (add) and false (retract) flag type, are they enough? (d) How
to connect an external storage which also support insert/delete flag like
mysql binlog?

Regarding to the CHANGE_FLAG @Timo proposed, I think this is a good
direction. But should isRetraction be a physical field and make CHANGE_FLAG
like a constraint on that? If yes, then what the type of isRetraction?

4.b) Ingesting and writing timestamps to systems.
@Shuyi, PERSISTED can solve the problem of the field is not physically
stored. However, it doesn't solve the problem that how to write a field
back to the computed column, because "A computed column cannot be the
target of an INSERT or UPDATE statement" even if the computed column is
persisted. If we want to write a rowtime back the the external system, the
DML should look like this: "INSERT INTO sink SELECT a, rowtime FROM
source". The point is that the `rowtime` must be specified in the INSERT
statement, that's why I hope the `rowtime` field in Table is not a computed
column. See more information about PERSISTED [2] [3].

Another point to consider is SYSTEMROWTIME() only solve reading timestamp
from message header in systems. There are many similar requirements here,
such as reading `topic`, `partition`, `offset` or custom properties from
message headers, do we plan to support a bunch of built-in functions like
SYSTEMROWTIME()?  Do we have some clean and easy way for this?

[2]:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/statements/alter-table-computed-column-definition-transact-sql?view=sql-server-2017
[3]:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51390531/sql-server-persisted-computed-columns-versus-actual-normal-column

Looking forward to collaborate with you guys!

Best,
Jark