Thanks for bringing up this discussion again. +1 for a bot solution. However, we should discuss a good process for closing PRs.

In many cases, PRs are closed not because the contributor did not respond but because no committer prioritizes the PR high enough. Or the PR has issues that might not have been communicated clear enough (e.g. bad code quality, big contribution that requires a big amount of time by a reviewer).

So maybe we can first introduce labels for better communication. Right now, we don't use the label feature at all.

For example, we could add a "Ownership needed" label by default. Because why should a PR be closed if not a single committer opened at least the description?

Regards,

Timo