Hi Robert,

thanks for starting this discussion. I was also about to suggest splitting the `Table API & SQL` component because it contains already more than 1000 issues.

My comments:

- Rename "SQL/Shell" to "SQL/Client" because the long-term goal might not only be a CLI interface. I would keep the generic name "SQL Client" for now. This is also what is written in FLIPs, presentations, and documentation. - Rename "SQL/Query Planner" to "SQL/Planner" a query is read-only operation but we support things like INSERT INTO etc.. Planner is more generic. - Rename "Gelly" to "Graph Processing". New users don't know what Gelly means. This is the only component that has a "feature name". I don't know if we want to stick with that in the future. - Not sure about this: Introduce a "SQL/Connectors"? Because SQL connectors are tightly bound to SQL internals but also to the connector itself. - Rename "Connectors/HCatalog" to "Connectors/Hive". This name is more generic and reflects the efforts about Hive Metastore and catalog integration that is currenlty taking place.

Thanks,
Timo