Thanks a lot for your feedback!

@Timo:
I've followed your suggestions and updated the proposed names in the wiki.

Regarding a new "SQL/Connectors" component: I (with admittedly not much
knowledge) would not add this component at the moment, and put the SQL
stuff into the respective connector component.
It is probably pretty difficult for a user to decide whether a but belongs
to "SQL/Connector" to "Connectors/Kafka" when Kafka in SQL does not work.

@Chesnay:
- You are suggesting to rename "Build System" to "Maven" and still merge it
with "Travis", "Release System" etc. as in the proposal?

- "Runtime / Control Plan" vs "Runtime / Coordination" -- I changed the
proposal

- Re. "Documentation": Yes, I think that would be better in the long run.
We are already in a situation where there are groups within the community
focusing on certain areas of the code (such as SQL, the runtime,
connectors). Those groups will monitor their components, but it will be a
lot of overhead for them to monitor the "Documentation" component.
We can also try to assign documentation components to both "Documentation"
and the affected component, such as "Runtime / Metrics".

- Removed "Misc / " prefix.

- "Legacy Components": Usually legacy components usually have very few
tickets. "Flink on Tez" has 13, "Storm Compat" ~30, and JIRA has a bulk
edit feature :)
The benefit of having it generalized is that people will probably not add
tickets to it.

- "Libraries /" prefix: I don't think that it is necessary. Some libraries
might grow in the future (like the Table API), then we need to rename.
the "flink-libraries" module does contain stuff like the sql client or the
python api, which are already covered by other components in my proposal --
so going with the maven module structure is not an argument here.

- "End to end infrastructure" and "Tests: The same argument as with the
"Documentation" applies here. The maintainers of Kafka, Metrics, .. should
get visibility into "their" test instabilities through "their" components.
Not many people will feel responsible for the "Tests" component.

For "Core" and "Configuration", I will move the tickets to the appropriate
components in "Runtime /".

For "API / Scala": Good point. I will add that component.

How to do it? I will just go through the pain and do it.

Best,
Robert