Hi,

While I 100% agree with @Xingcan that we should try to avoid adding extra
burden for contributors, at the very least, creating JIRA issues for adding
missing Chinese / English document updates must be done.

In the past, even with English documentation only, we already had the
problem of merging new features / API changes without updating the document
within the same contribution.
Over time, these missing document updates pile up and are only ever fixed
near the end of our release testing phases.
It would be much better if documentation for new features or changes to the
API are documented upfront and available already at the release testing
phase.
Not only would these open up more opportunities for non-developers to try
out the release, but also more eyes to help proofread new documents before
officially releasing.

I would like to see that this situation of "lagging documentation updates
until release" improves at the same time while we start introducing Chinese
docs, otherwise I think the situation will only deteriorate with the new
complications.
While I'm still leaning more towards my previous suggestion to strictly
require that both Chinese / English documents are updated in a single
contribution if either side is touched (),
I'm willing to withdraw that, given how it will definitely add more burden
for contributors and lengthens the contribution process (i.e. PRs being
blocked on something out of their control due to language barriers).

So, to wrap up, I propose the following action points (actually most of
which already mentioned earlier by other people):
- Adjust our PR review bot to include a "updated required English
documentation" & "opened a JIRA for Chinese documentation translation sync"
checks. A PR should not be merged without these checks being approved.
- Add a "zh-doc" label (names TBD) to our JIRA, which should be tagged on
Chinese documentation sync JIRAs opened in the previous step.
- Educate and encourage Chinese-speaking developers to search for these
labels in our contribution guidelines [1] & project WIKI [2].

Cheers,
Gordon

[1] https://flink.apache.org/contribute-documentation.html
[2]