Hi all,

In the past few weeks, we started a discussion thread [1] about proposing
to support Chinese documents and website.
I'm glad to receive a lot of positive and valuable feedbacks so far. I
converted the design doc into an actual FLIP
 wiki to make the plan more accessible for the community. You can find it
here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-35%3A+Support+Chinese+Documents+and+Website

One more thing I want to highlight is that we proposed an initial
"Translation Specification and Glossary" in the FLIP:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zhGyPU4bVJ7mCIdUTsQr9lHLn4vltejhngG_SOV6g1w

The proposed translation specification is written in Chinese (we can
convert it into other languages if needed),
it includes typesetting, style, terminology translation and some tips to
improve translation quality.
The purpose is to improve the translation quality, reduce the workload of
reviewer, keep the style consistent, and make the reader's reading
experience better.
I encourage more people to jump in to polish the specification and reach a
consensus on the translation specification and then follow the
specification as much as possible.

I would propose to convert it into a WIKI page when it is accepted, and
link it from the contribute documentation page [2].
Btw, the translation specification is a derivative of "Glossary of
Translation"[3] by Mozilla, licensed under CC-BY-SA 2.5 [4].
So I'm not sure if we can include it in our project WIKI page.

I also want to start this as a long-term thread to discuss problems and
improvements with the Translation Specification.
Because we can not cover all the glossary translation in a short time.

Feel free to join the discussions and provide feedbacks.

Regards,
Jark

[1]:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/1d079e7218b295048c990edcb9891b5935d02eeac0927c89696aad42@%3Cdev.flink.apache.org%3E