I think this really depends on the contribution.

Sometimes "triviality" means that people just want to fix a typo in some docs. For this, a hotfix PR is sufficient and does not need a JIRA issue.

However, sometimes "triviality" is only trivial at first glance but introduces side effects. In any case, any contribution needs to be reviewed and merged by a committer so follow-up responses and follow-up work might always be required. But you are right, committers need to respond quicker in any case.

Timo