The other connection you're referring to is likely the plugin downloading dependencies from npm.

On 29/04/2019 13:50, Visser, M.J.H. (Martijn) wrote:
Hi Robert,

Just as an FYI, Redhat 7 Enterprise also still ships with 3.0.5 as default. I
did a manual upgrade to a later version on one of our Redhat servers, but it
appears that this plugin doesn't use the repositories as are defined in a
settings.xml, but tries to setup an external connection (which fails, because
we're behind a proxy).

Best regards,

Martijn

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Metzger [mailto:rmetz...@apache.org]
Sent: vrijdag 26 april 2019 15:43
To: dev <dev@flink.apache.org>
Subject: [DISCUSS] Bump required Maven version to 3.1.1 (from 3.0.3)

Hey,

I recently merged the new Flink UI [1]. After merging it, I was made aware that
the frontend-maven-plugin requires at least Maven 3.1.0.
There was a discussion about bumping the maven version already last year [2].
In that thread, Stephan mentions that some Linux distributions still have Maven
3.0.5 as their default version.
Ubuntu 16.04 (the current LTS version) ships Maven 3.3.9.
Debian Jessie (8) is indeed still shipping 3.0.5, Stretch (9) is on 3.3.9 too.

Given this situation, I propose to bump the required Maven version to 3.1.1.

Flink releases are build with 3.2.5.

If nobody raises any objections till Thursday, May 2nd, I'll open a PR bumping
the version.

Best,
Robert

[1] https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/8016
[2] https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/6443#issuecomment-410673911

ATTENTION:
The information in this e-mail is confidential and only meant for the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, don't use or disclose it in
any way. Please let the sender know and delete the message immediately.