Thanks Gordon for bringing this up.

I'm glad to say that blink planner merge work is almost done, and i will
follow up the work of
integrating blink planner with Table API to co-exist with current flink
planner.

In addition to this, the following features:
1. FLIP-32: Restructure flink-table for future contributions [1]
2. FLIP-37: Rework of the Table API Type System [2]
3. Hive integration work (including hive meta [3] and connectors)

are also going well, i will spend some time to keep track of them.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-32%3A+Restructure+flink-table+for+future+contributions
[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-37%3A+Rework+of+the+Table+API+Type+System