Thanks for being the release managers, Kurt and Gordon!

From the Table & SQL API side, there are still a lot of open issues that need to be solved to decouple the API from a planner and enable the Blink planner. Also we need to make sure that the Blink planner supports at least everything of Flink 1.8 to not introduce a regression. We might need to focus more on the main features which is a runnable Blink planner and might need to postpone other discussions such as DDL, new source/sink interfaces, or proper type inference logic. However, in many cases there are shortcuts that we could take in order to achieve our goals. So I'm confident that we solve the big blockers until the feature freeze :)

I will keep you updated.

Thanks,
Timo

Am 28.05.19 um 05:07 schrieb Kurt Young:
Thanks Gordon for bringing this up.

I'm glad to say that blink planner merge work is almost done, and i will
follow up the work of
integrating blink planner with Table API to co-exist with current flink
planner.

In addition to this, the following features:
1. FLIP-32: Restructure flink-table for future contributions [1]
2. FLIP-37: Rework of the Table API Type System [2]
3. Hive integration work (including hive meta [3] and connectors)

are also going well, i will spend some time to keep track of them.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-32%3A+Restructure+flink-table+for+future+contributions
[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-37%3A+Rework+of+the+Table+API+Type+System