Hi Hequn,

Thanks for your comments!

I agree that allowing local aggregation reusing window API and refining
window operator to make it match both requirements (come from our and Kurt)
is a good decision!

Concerning your questions:

1. The result of input.localKeyBy(0).sum(1).keyBy(0).sum(1) may be
meaningless.

Yes, it does not make sense in most cases. However, I also want to note
users should know the right semantics of localKeyBy and use it correctly.
Because this issue also exists for the global keyBy, consider this example:
input.keyBy(0).sum(1).keyBy(0).sum(1), the result is also meaningless.

2. About the semantics of
input1.localKeyBy(0).intervalJoin(input2.localKeyBy(1)).

Good catch! I agree with you that it's not good to enable all
functionalities for localKeyBy from KeyedStream.
Currently, We do not support some APIs such as
connect/join/intervalJoin/coGroup. This is due to that we force the
operators on LocalKeyedStreams chained with the inputs.

Best,
Vino

Hequn Cheng <chenghe...@gmail.com> 于2019年6月19日周三 下午3:42写道: