+1 (non-binding)

Tested in AWS EMR Yarn: 1 master and 4 worker nodes (m5.xlarge: 4 vCore, 16
GiB).

EMR runs only on Java 8. Fine-grained recovery is enabled by default.

Modified E2E test scripts can be found here (asserting output):
https://github.com/azagrebin/flink/commits/FLINK-13597

Batch SQL:

   - S3(a) filesystem over HADOOP works out-of-the-box (already on AWS
   class path) and also if put in plugins

Streaming SQL:

   - Hadoop output (s3 does not support recoverable writers)