Thanks Danny for starting the discussion.
+1 for this feature.

If we just focus on the table hints not the query hints in this release,
could you split the FLIP into two FLIPs?
Because it's hard to vote on partial part of a FLIP. You can keep the table
hints proposal in FLIP-113 and move query hints into another FLIP.
So that we can focuse on the table hints in the FLIP.

Thanks,
Jark