> For the -R flag, this was in the PoC that I published just as a quick
> implementation, so that I can move fast to the entrypoint part.
> Personally, I would not even be against having a separate command in
> the CLI for this, sth like run-on-cluster or something along those
> lines.
> What do you think?

I would be in favour of something like "bin/flink run-application", maybe we should even have "run-job" in the future to differentiate.

> For fetching jars, in the FLIP we say that as a first implementation
> we can have Local and DFS. I was wondering if in the case of YARN,
> both could be somehow implemented
> using LocalResources, and let Yarn do the actual fetch. But I have not
> investigated it further. Do you have any opinion on this?

By now I'm 99 % sure that we should use YARN for that, i.e. use LocalResource. Then YARN does the fetching. This is also how the current per-job cluster deployment does it, the Flink code uploads local files to (H)DFS and then sets the remote paths as a local resource that the entrypoint then uses.

Best,
Aljoscha